Thursday, August 26, 2010

National Dog Day


I don't have any recent pictures of Vella, so I thought I would post Seychelles photo in honor of National Dog Day in the United States. This is Plim, a true sea dog if I've ever seen one! She leads a very comfortable life with her owner and giant land tortoises.

We're looking forward to our holiday weekend that starts at 5pm tomorrow. On the agenda are Ikea, Pets at Home, some Fall clothes shopping, and Notting Hill Carnival. If the rain ever lets up, Vella will get a long walk or two in Hyde Park.

I can't believe it's almost September. With no travel plans in the next few weeks, we're going to focus on our flat and making it more of a home. I joined the American Women's Club, so I'm looking forward to making some new friends and getting out more in the evenings. We (well, Matt joined since I'm not technically eligible) also joined a synagogue. So, I guess you can say we're putting down roots for a while.

I've been busy training for a 1/2 Marathon the last weekend in September. This will be my third race and I'm really excited to be running for the MS Society. Fingers crossed that my training pays off and I hit my 2:00 goal.

No comments: