Friday, July 31, 2009
I'm wearing this dress that I picked up last year for $40 during one of J Crew's final sales. I made a necklace to wear too, a triple-strand of pink peruvian opals. Pics to come!
This will be the first time we'll be leaving Vella in NYC. I'm praying she behaves for Erica and Drew, most importantly at bedtime and in the morning. She totally knows something is up because we took her crate over to their apartment last night and we packed our bags this morning. Be good Vella Violet, see you on Sunday afternoon!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
We opted for almost all film when we chose Sheri Whitko as our photographer and we couldn't have been happier with the pictures! That said, it's almost three years later and we still haven't ordered our album or pictures...I know, I know, it's pathetic. I plan to get to it in August before our three-year anniversary. So the pictures I have are those shot by family and friends. Enjoy, Happy Friday!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The Russian Olive came out and at my request, tons of blue hydrangeas went in to fill in the space! Nothing says Eastern Long Island or New England to me like hydrangeas. We also added some planters on the front steps. With lots of rain this Spring/Summer, everything is in full bloom.
We also had another small area cleaned out. I don't have a "before" on this area, but lets just say it was overgrown and hideous. The landscape company chose butterfly bushes, verbena and an ornamental maple. We couldn't be happier.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
- Met up with Adrienne and her little guy Dax on Wednesday evening in Central Park. This was followed by a trip to Amy's Bread since we both needed a pre-dinner snack...I'm obsessed with this bakery's "Cinnamon Crunchies." Best ever. Run there.
- Celebrated my birthday. No numbers needed. I'm the proud owner of a new iPod Nano. Thanks to everyone for the cards, flowers and messages!
- Made the trip to WH on Thursday night, with a quick stop at Phil's Pizza in my husband's hometown (Vella likes sniffing out the crumbs and the owners love her).
- Dinner at Docker's with friends M and C . Gorgeous sunset sitting outside on the Bay and great company.
- Saturday at the beach!
- Watched fireworks from our yard. Vella just stared and stared. It was pretty cute.
- Long run on Sunday. Yuck.
- Sunday at the beach!
- Left WH at 9:30 last night...we got in every last minute that we could out there!
It was a wonderful long weekend! The weather was picture perfect here on the East Coast. So much more Summer to come. Totally unrelated, the husband and I realized last week marked 8 years together. Um, where did all of that time go?!?