Saturday, August 21, 2010

Menu Planning

With my husband's hours in NYC and my own wacky schedule, we were well-known by 5-10 restaurants on the UES delivery circuit. Fast forward to London, where I might as well be speaking Swahili when I say delivery, and we've had to change our ways. Combine this with some of the smallest refrigerators known to man (think one step above a dorm refrigerator) and food with an average shelf life of 3-4 days, and you have to be smart about your cooking strategy. Otherwise, you'll be throwing $$$ down the toilet. I try to repeat some of the sides so I only have to cook them once and reheat a day or two later. And, never underestimate the power of a leftover night! Here's our menu from last week:

Monday - Beef Soft Tacos
Tuesday - Leftovers from Monday
Wednesday - Tomato Basil Chicken, Sour Cream and Chive Baked Potatoes, and Sauteed Spinach
Thursday - Herb Roasted Chicken and Greek Salad
Friday - Eat Out
Saturday - Eat Out
Sunday - Thai Green Curry with Chicken and Veggie Pad Thai

No comments: