Saturday, January 16, 2010

January Thaw

It was heat wave here today at 48 degrees! It was so nice to go for a run in Central Park without gloves and a hat. I'm FINALLY on the mend from the wisdom teeth removal and was able to get five miles in today. Honestly, I stopped complaining about it as I watched what was going on in Haiti.

We took Vella to the dog park today and she had a blast. I then bribed her in to the bathroom with cheese so I could give her a bath. She tolerates baths, but doesn't love them. She's sacked out on her bed right now.

Matt heads to London tomorrow for business. That means I have most of Sunday and Monday (MLK Day) to myself. I'm going to finally try that cuban beef recipe I posted tomorrow night, I'll report back.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I am making the Cuban Beef tomorrow too!

Maureen said...

Looking forward to hearing about the recipe. I did a Pot Roast on Friday. Delicious! It was from the 365 slow cooker blog. Have you seen that blog?

MER said...

Maureen - I have seen that blog and need to check it out. Can you post the recipe you used?

Katie said...

I did the cuban beef recipe last week. It was yummy! I may have cooked it a little too long. I don't have a timer on my crockpot but I don't think it really matters. Glad you are feeling better!

Megan said...

Made the Cuban beef tonight. We loved it, so it is definitely a keeper! Molly, it tastes similar to a beef version of Aunt Mildred's chicken. I think Dad will even like it since I didn't find it too spicy.