Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti

I didn't have the TV on last night and it became apparent to me today that I didn't grasp the magnitude of what's happened. I'm watching CNN right now and I can't comprehend what these people are experiencing. The government is not capable of helping it's own people, the Red Cross is out medicine and supplies, and aid is being hampered for numerous reasons. I'm not sure how we can help, but I'm writing to encourage my fellow bloggers to share how they're helping whether it is through churches, synagogues, the Red Cross, etc. Let's get the word out and let each other know about the organizations that are going to rely on all of us to make a difference.

Update 1: Kelly just posted some great information here, I encourage everyone to read it.

Update 2: Hip Hop artist Wyclef Jean is urging people to donate $5 to his Haitian charity, YĆ©le Haiti, by texting "YELE" to 501501 (the donation will be automatically charged to your cellphone bill). 60 minutes recently ran a feature on Wyclef Jean and the work he does to raise money for his country is astounding. Another way we can give!

No comments: