Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Our house is still sleeping, so I'm taking advantage of the time to catch up on blogs. I love seeing Christmas pictures and New Year's wishes. How did we just say good-bye to a decade?!?

Do you remember when you first started working and went through the goal-setting process? The one thing that stuck with me is to make sure your goals were SMART - specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and team-oriented/time-related. I don't know where 2010 will take us, but the list above has me thinking about the year ahead and the goals I want to set for myself outside of work (in no particular order).
  1. Run 750 miles, with a little help from training for The NYC 1/2 Marathon in March, The Hamptons 1/2 Marathon in October, and the NYC Marathon in November (if all goes according to plan, I'll be running the Marathon for charity).
  2. Join a synagogue. Long before we said I DO, we made the decision that this was best choice for us and our future family. I did not convert and my husband is Reform, which can be tricky when you're looking for a home, but I'm confident we'll find the right place. I'm excited to share this journey.
  3. Be a better wife. I need to focus on not taking out the stress of my day on my husband.
  4. Be a better friend. I want to connect more often with my friends.
  5. Be a better daughter and sister. This one doesn't require any explanation!
  6. Travel, travel, travel! We took this year off because of the dog and the economy, but I'm ready to go. We have two big overseas trips in the works, one in the Spring and one at the end of the year. More to come.
  7. Volunteer. I don't quite know what this means for me, but I'm committed to finding the answer. Do I join NYC JL or find another outlet?

Happy New Year!

No comments: