Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ice Skating at Somerset House

I pulled myself together on Saturday night and we headed to Somerset House for ice skating. We kept seeing signs for the rink when we were out and about over Christmas, so we bought tickets and spent our evening on the ice. The one and only time I've ever been ice skating was in 2002 when my younger sister came to NYC for a visit. I think I fell every 10 feet. I'm happy to report that there were no disastrous falls or broken bones on Saturday. We can check this one off the list for the Winter.

Since we think we're ready for the Winter Olympics, our next adventure is skiing in Chamonix, France in early February. God help the people operating the lifts. Watch out slopes (and breakfast buffet), here come the Rosedales.

1 comment:

Megan said...

It was 2001 when I came to NYC and we went skating. Yes, just about 10 years ago. Crazy. Mmmm...breakfast buffet. I quite enjoyed my cafe au lait in France.