We had dinner at BLT Fish a few weeks ago. A must eat for any New Yorkers out there or visitors looking for a spot. I think everything I ordered had truffles worked in to the recipe. How bad can that be?!? Not a fish person? There are more BLT Restaurants out there.
Below is the recipe for the Cheddar & Chive Biscuits they serve. I think I'll make these for the holidays.
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
3 Tbsp Shortening
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Chopped Chives
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar (Shredded)
1 1/4 Cup Cream
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne.
2. Cut the shortening and butter into the flour mix. DO NOT OVERWORK.
3. DO leave the butter and shortening in small pieces.
4. Toss in the chives and cheese.
5. Toss in the cream, just until mixture comes together. DO NOT mix too much.
6. Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes.