Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Tuesday

Lots of random thoughts on my mind today...

I had my arse handed to me at the gym tonight. I feel old. I'm hungry and I'm keeping a food diary. Accountability sucks.

My kitchen, and maybe the living room too, smells like Newman's Own balsamic dressing. I'm not pointing any fingers, but my husband didn't put the cap back on the dressing last week when he put in the fridge. One shake, and it was all over the kitchen.

I'm reading Rescue Me by Melissa Wareham. If you love dogs, especially those of the rescue kind, this is the book for you!

Vella is booked on a British Airways flight the night of August 10! We miss her so much it's to the point of being ridiculous. Let the spoiling commence the morning of August 11. We're already plotting her first trip to the English countryside. She'll love it.

We had a wonderful weekend in County Clare, Ireland. No plans, nowhere in particular to be, no dinner reservations...not a care in the world. Ireland is stunning and we can't wait to go back this year.

I'm really fed up with our washing machine and refrigerator. We're among the lucky ones too - we have a combo washer/dryer that actually dries clothes (that's a novelty here!) and a reasonably sized refrigerator that would be the envy of many here in London. I have to remind myself to get over it and move on. Life ain't that bad.

Our apartment is in need of some serious decorating. Pictures to come, which will all be 'before' pictures. I have no idea where to start to get to an 'after.'

No comments: