Sunday, May 9, 2010

Heading across the Pond (Finally)

I leave for London on Tuesday! The past few months are a blur of running around doing errands, seeing friends and family, and wrapping up paperwork. Oh, and finding a job. That worked out well and I start on the 19th. The good news is that I don't have much packing to do between now and Tuesday since we moved out of the apartment about 4 weeks ago. Yes, I've been living out of three very large suitcases. The tricky part will be finding room for all of the last-minute purchases I've made in the past few weeks.

What am I looking forward to most? Seeing my husband! He's been in London since February and I'm really anxious to start living our life again. We have a dinner date scheduled for next Saturday at Beach Blanket Babylon on Ledbury Road in Notting Hill. I haven't looked my best lately (think flip flops, unwashed hair and North Face fleeces), so it will be a nice change of pace to have a night out on the town. We almost took a flat on this block, which has amazing shopping and restaurants.

I have no doubt that I will have plenty to say in the next few weeks! See you in blogland at the end of the week from across the pond. Keep your fingers crossed that the volcano doesn't keep me here in NY!

No comments: