Sunday, March 7, 2010

We Survived our First Week!





Matt flew to London a little over a week ago. He's surviving without his girls. Vella and I are surviving. That's the only way to sum it up right now. Poor Vella, she's been really confused. I think she'll settle in this week and I learned not to put Matt on speaker phone. That was torture for all of us.

I'll spare everyone the rental saga, but we didn't sign a lease until almost three weeks after our visit to London. We'll be in Notting Hill and unfortunately, Hugh Grant didn't come with the apartment. I believe there are Hugh and Colin Firth sightings though, so I'll keep my eyes open once I'm across the pond.

I'll leave you with some very bad pictures of the kitchen and reception room (aka living room to all of us Americans). This will be the largest apartment we've ever lived in together, with an astounding two bedroom and two bathrooms. Control yourselves New Yorkers :-) It doesn't look like much now, but we have some fun things planned for every room. I can't wait to share the progress in 6-8 weeks.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

WOW! Looks so great! How exciting...